What is OTP?
A one-time password (OTP) is a code that is valid for only one login session or transaction.
It is usually sent to a mobile phone.
What should I do if I do not receive an OTP?
If you didn't receive an OTP code, you can follow these steps:
- Check your SMS settings to see whether messages from 63001 are blocked.
- Check with your service provider. There is a chance that they have blocked the "Enterprise SMS" from 63001.
- SMS "UNBLOCK 63001" to 63001 and try again to request the OTP code.
- Restart your mobile phone and try requesting the code again.
- Use the Call Me feature to request the OTP code. The button will appear after 60 seconds. Once you have clicked it, you will receive a call to obtain the OTP code.
Do contact us if you are still facing problems with the OTP via live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am not a Setel App user and did not request an OTP, but I suddenly receive an OTP code from Setel.
You can ignore this issue as your number may have been entered accidentally when a Setel user was entering their own number.
What should I do if I did not request an OTP?
Don't share the OTP.
If you did not share your OTP code with anyone, any attempts to log in or register using your mobile number will fail.